- How do I normalise a relation with two repeated groups?
When you normalise to 1NF, you can do it in two steps: first deal with
one repeated group (keeping the other one unchanged), then deal with the
other repeated group. Apply the rules exactly in the same manner as always.
- Do I need to add the public relations department to the
You don't need to change the department table.
- Which staff members earn a bonus?
The bonus refers only to the people in the public relations table.
- For Part 3: ER Diagram are we to include the projects table from the mysql
You don't need to include the project table in the ER diagram.
- Connecting to the MySQL database with Putty/from home
You can connect to the MySQL database from home using SSH or
The address for the server is socweb8.napier.ac.uk.
I CANNOT help you with the installation of this software or with troubleshooting.
- What is Socweb/DCS?
Socweb and DCS are the same server (C&IT keeps renaming the servers).
- I am having problems with normalisation?
Do the on-line normalisation exercises and ask questions during the next practical.
- I have not received an e-mail for mysql log in instruction
See the mysql instructions on the module website. If you still have questions,
please ask during the next practical.